Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 268
for the week ending March 23, 2011. What follows are some highlights from this issue.
- Our issue opens with announcements, including details on Fedora being accepted into the 2011 Summer of Code, as well as notice of some changes to the packaging guidelines.
- We're looking for a permanent writer for the Marketing beat, but we have a short beat this week that includes weekly team meeting minutes and some thoughts on expanding the SXSW Fedora photobooth to other FAmNA events.
- This week's In the News beat has a whopping ten articles on Fedora 15, Gnome 3 and other topics, and Ambassadors brings us current on happenings in that team as well as FAmSCo.
- In QA news, details on this past week's Test Day on preupgrade, today's Power Management Test Day, and next week's ABRT Test Day as well as other working on Fedora 15.
- Security Advisories offers the latest security-related packages for Fedora 13-15, and our issue finishes up with another LATAM installment of Spanish FLOSS goodness from Guillermo Gomez, this week on the audio manipulation package, SOX. Read on!
An audio version of some issues of FWN - FAWN - are available! You can listen to existing issues
on the Internet Archive. If anyone is interested in helping spread the load of FAWN production, please contact us!
If you are interested in contributing to Fedora Weekly News, please see our 'join' page
. We welcome reader feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
FWN Editorial Team: Pascal Calarco
, Adam Williamson