Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > The Dungeon > Archived (Click Header To See Sub-Forums) > F15 Development > F15 Rants - Talking To The Wind
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

F15 Rants - Talking To The Wind A place to gnash your teeth and vocalize your issues with F15, such as the default Wallpaper, Gnome3 and LibreOffice. Sure, the proper procedure is to use Bugzilla or subscribe to the Devs mailing lists at Fedora Project, but if you simply want to complain with no effect, here's your spot!

Old 12th March 2011, 07:35 PM
warfall Offline
Registered - at the free mental health clinic

windows_7ie
Re: Where is OpenOffice.org ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin_ita View Post
mmm... if I'm right you're saying that if an EXTENSION created for OpenOffice doesn't work for LibreOffice is a BUG of LibreOffice?

Well, this looks like another strong point... but wait a minute, it's only looks like.

If libreoffice is not a full replacement for OpenOffice (and in fact you're rigth here, libreoffice is unable to do that) why distros, and in particular Fedora, doesn't provide OpenOffice anymore ?

Is OpenOffice no more an opensource project or they will change licence ? No.

Have OpenOffice stoppped maintenance or announced they will stop ? No.

So why the hell this package is no more in the repo ?

Eventually you're saying in a modified form the same thing i'm saying from the begnning of this post: i don't care with libreoffice.

And if Fedora is no more able to provide packages that i'm using, obviously i don't care any more about Fedora.

And if every distros are going the same way, i'm afraid that Rahul Sundaram is completly rigth here, also obviously i don't care anymore with Linux. Don't worry, keep happy, no lack of excellent operating systems out there, even free.
Old 12th March 2011, 07:43 PM
motnahp00

windows_7ie

OpenOffice is part of the repo, which is why you can run a yum groupinstall.

If you want OpenOffice part of your setup install a DVD version.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

By the way, are you a Microsoft spy? You sound extremely disgruntled with Open Source.
Old 12th March 2011, 08:13 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfedorafirefox

The loonnnggggg goodbye...

Gotta love those people who have to expound at LENGTH about why they no longer will use:
1). Fedora
2). Linux
3). A Computer
4). Air

Look bud, the distro is going the way the devs want it, not the way you'd like. It's a fact and you're in the users Forum, so you're not going to change a darned thing by grousing here. I've given you some hints about where you might change some minds, but you've decided to keep this up instead. Heck, I even created your own little sanctuary for the purpose, hoping you'd notice the hint.

The fact is that Bugzilla is where you're expected to express yourself to some effect. Secondly, insert yourself into the Project mailing list and get someone to listen to you. No? Well then, there's 500 distros out there waiting for you within linux or BSD or Unix or whatever the heck you choose, including Mac and Windows.

This, however, has run on long enough as a purposeless rant. Therefore, THREAD CLOSED!
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Tags
openofficeorg