Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th March 2011, 12:18 AM
kurtdriver Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Is It Safe Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennzo View Post
Stick around. Install Fedora 14. You'll learn a lot about Linux here.
Which is why I installed a nightly on this computer; since I stopped running rawhide, I've missed having to fix things, and getting to read the posts by people who know what they're doing. The roller coaster can be fun.

If you want stable, recent, and free, try F13, it's all of those things.
Old 12th March 2011, 01:16 AM
pete_1967 Offline
Clueless in a Cuckooland

linuxopera

I think he left to try and start whining about some other distro's Alpha version and will eventually do full circle going back to Ubuntu and make a post in their forums how all other distros suck soooo hard.

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime” so now go and...
RTFM FIRST: http://docs.fedoraproject.org/ & http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
Old 12th March 2011, 11:42 AM
kuvanito Offline

linuxfirefox

thanks pete,no i am not like that,i am not whinner
actually i know quite a bit about linux and lots of it's distros,i am not an expert either
i like to try things out and report how it works according to my pc specs
I DON'T NEED AN STABLE OS,i already have one Ubuntu 11.04 as i said before BUT
i don't like integrations,global menus neither to be forced to use something i don't like.
i came here hoping to find something different and i did;I found Fedora 15 I LIKE IT!
i like the look of Gnome 3 in F15,the menus and so on,i never criticized fedora,never even compare the two distros,i came here to try F15 and find new things,come on you guys,you all did this zhit before,try new things,learn new things,right?
it's just that i got frustrated with formatting and installing F15 four times and shape my desktop the way i wanted to be just to few clicks later not been able to login after a simple update.
i just think that the development team of F15 should of have this error fixed right after few reports from users like me and it has not happen yet.also i find it a little hard to get help here from ppl like you that knows fedora better than me,come on,lets lend a helping hand to kuvanito,steps by steps to log in after a failed update,hurray!!!! Thanks Guys..
Old 12th March 2011, 01:40 PM
RahulSundaram Offline

linuxfirefox

Hi

If you pick a development version, you will have to deal with the bugs and other issues that are part of such releases. You can't have the very latest and the very robust thing at the same time. It is just the nature of how things work.
Old 12th March 2011, 03:12 PM
kurtdriver Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuvanito View Post
not been able to login after a simple update.
i just think that the development team of F15 should of have this error fixed right after few reports from users like me and it has not happen yet. D
There are two threads on this bug, each described how to fix it, almost as soon as it happened. The fix came from the devs, who had read bug reports.
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=259897
Old 14th March 2011, 01:06 PM
leigh123linux

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuvanito View Post
right Isaac
I fully understand what pre-releases are and certainly that is what I tend to do,try new software,rather that going back to old ones,I already have an stable OS that is the Alpha 3 Ubuntu,very stable but read my first post clearly,I want to walk away from Global Menus so I want to test the new Fedora 15 with the Gnome 3,very nice I LIKE IT but the fact that we have this login bug it's way beyond my imagination why it has been fixed already after few days,the alpha releases on Ubu never got this bad.
Listen Up! I want to go the Fedora 15 Way. I am not Bashing Fedora 15 but it hurst when you go this far installing and have all set up the way you want it and after a simple Update it all goes to hell,that is why I asked for a holding hand walk throu in fixing this crap.I am not comparing the two Distros and that i's not my intention,I JUST WANT TO LOG IN....
If you don't like the global menu remove it, it's really simple, just right click on it and select remove from panel.
Old 7th April 2011, 11:09 PM
Snugar109 Offline

linuxdebianfirefox

Not sure if anyone got around to answering this but I think what you are looking for is under /etc/gdm it is the custom.conf file set it to something like this in the greeter section although I think the bug is fixed now:

[daemon]
AutomaticLoginEnable=false
#AutomaticLogin=

[security]

[xdmcp]

[greeter]
#IncludeAll=true
Include=your_login_name

[chooser]

[debug]

This bugged me forever in Fedora 14 but since I found that online it has been a treat. Now if I can get the desktop to look like a desktop instead of a cellphone Fedora 15 will be nice.

Tags
safe