Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 266
for the week ending March 9, 2011. What follows are some highlights from this issue.
- In announcements from the Project, nominations for the Fedora 16 release name are now open! Will it be "Beefy Miracle" or some other name related to Lovelock? Enter your ideas today! This week also saw the release of Fedora 15 alpha, with lots of detail around that, and an update from Jared Smith, Fedora Project leader, on upcoming FUDCons over the next year. There are also several development announcements related to Fedora 15, and some upcoming changes to Fedora translation workflow.
- Fedora In the News brings blogs and trade press coverage of Fedora, with five articles for this week, covering Fedora 15 alpha and other topics.
- In Ambassador news, coverage of the list discussion on the Ambassador and FAmSCo lists.
- Quality Assurance reports on the myriad latest Test Days this past week and forthcoming, including Xfce 4.8, Graphics Test Week, several internationalization test days, and next week's preupgrade Test Day.
- Our issue this week rounds out with all of the latest and greatest security packages released this past week, including the first Fedora 15 patches! Read on!
An audio version of some issues of FWN - FAWN - are available! You can listen to existing issues
on the Internet Archive. If anyone is interested in helping spread the load of FAWN production, please contact us!
If you are interested in contributing to Fedora Weekly News, please see our 'join' page
. We welcome reader feedback: email@example.com
FWN Editorial Team: Pascal Calarco
, Adam Williamson