Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 19th February 2011, 05:35 AM
calanor Offline

linuxfirefox
finding an installable fedora 15 cd

Hi, is there any installation medium (live) which does not give live media not found error ?
Other then live anything else ?
I have downloaded 17th feb nightly desktop cd and after downloading two of them 00 and 22, neither installs. Any installable media will do, so I can get my hands on the awsome gnome-shell.
Old 19th February 2011, 05:56 AM
tox

windows_7firefox
Re: finding an installable fedora 15 cd

Quote:
Originally Posted by calanor View Post
Hi, is there any installation medium (live) which does not give live media not found error ?
Other then live anything else ?
I have downloaded 17th feb nightly desktop cd and after downloading two of them 00 and 22, neither installs. Any installable media will do, so I can get my hands on the awsome gnome-shell.
if you download TC2 DVD and install from that but make sure you have the updates-testing repo's open during install

follow this thread http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=259035 and you'll see what GoinEasy9 did . but there should be a more up to date images built soon that has fix's in them if you wanna wait
Old 19th February 2011, 06:14 AM
calanor Offline

linuxfirefox

isn't there something less in size like a cd ? I have to download it today or tomorrow because i'll be leaving home and my university is really draconian about net rules.
Old 19th February 2011, 06:20 AM
tox

windows_7firefox

Quote:
isn't there something less in size like a cd ? I have to download it today or tomorrow because i'll be leaving home and my university is really draconian about net rules.
the current LIveCD's are not installable as they had a Bug in them which was fixed in the 2.6.38 rc5 kernel and a lot of other bugs were fixed that prevented someone from installing a LiveCD to HDD. can only hope there's a Newer LiveCD made soon, when i dont know. check back tomorrow or get someone else to download it for you
Old 19th February 2011, 04:16 PM
calanor Offline

linuxfirefox

is tc2 image installable ?
I don't mind installing from an old cd image. Isn't there any image at all ? Sry I am being impatient but i need to download it today, I won't get another chance

Last edited by calanor; 19th February 2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 19th February 2011, 10:01 PM
tox

windows_7firefox

Quote:
is tc2 image installable ?
I don't mind installing from an old cd image. Isn't there any image at all ? Sry I am being impatient but i need to download it today, I won't get another chance
no, the LiveCD TC2 cd issnt as i told you. the DvD image is as you can install that , read that link i gave you above on how to do it
Old 19th February 2011, 10:09 PM
Magickman Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Impatient as I am, ain't you? I started to download the TC, but remember doing that a few times in the past and none of them worked right. Why not just wait for the Released DVD, and do it right? I hate waiting too, but anything good is worth waiting for.
Old 19th February 2011, 10:42 PM
oupsemma Offline

linuxopera

calanor, if you only have access to an Internet connection today and need an iso that can fit on a CD, there's a boot.iso, 285MB approx., that can also be put on a USB stick with dd (for ex. downloaded from here).

It installs nicely; only bug so far was no gdm login after creation of the user, but rebooting solved that.

Be aware that the installation will be rather time consuming, though!
But that's worth it; F15 rocks!
Old 20th February 2011, 03:46 AM
tox

windows_7firefox

Newer Nightly Composes are available
Old 20th February 2011, 04:57 AM
calanor Offline

linuxfirefox

thanks guys, posting from fedora 15
@detox it came out somewhat late maybe i had to install from netinstall cd.
Old 21st February 2011, 08:28 PM
Palooka Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Thumbs up Re: finding an installable fedora 15 cd

I'm finding that the boot.iso seems to be the most reliable option at the moment - thanks, oupsemma for the link. I installed the 32 bit version into a VirtualBox VM, which went fine, but have discarded that and am now installing the 64 bit version from the same site as I write.

The next issue, by the looks of it, is that the VM fails to boot after the Guest Additions have been installed. But I'll continue to play around with it, and if anyone is interested I'll report back on progress.

Palooka

Tags
fedora, finding, installable