Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 18th February 2011, 05:16 PM
shriji Offline

windows_7chrome
Question Fresh Install of Fedora 14 Hangs

Hi,

Please help!!

I am trying to install Fedora 14 in my Dell PowerEdge 600SC server model. I downloaded ISO from the site. The copy is valid as I created a virtual linux Fedora 14 using the same iso. This is the copy i have being working on for one month learning linux.

I am ready to install it on my DEV server. It had Windows XP. I deleted all the partitions and kept just one drive. There is no OS now. The system is clean.

I boot the system with the burned DVD. Boot starts and shows up screen where you select mode of boot....Boot, Boot with basic graphic..etc. I select Boot and they you see blue progress bars at the bottom and Fedora 14 written on extreme right.

The progress bars freezes in middle....and then just stays there for hours. It is showing the same behavior for Ubuntu as well. I press ESC to see whats going on as suggested by people online....

Since the system is clean (no OS), I dont know what do I do. People online has suggested different options but all of them involve running a command....but I have no system.

Any idea?

Thanks
Shriji
Old 18th February 2011, 05:52 PM
Cygn Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Fresh Install of Fedora 14 Hangs

whats the last message displayed during boot ? When you press ESC before the freeze on the progress bars, of course.
Old 19th February 2011, 07:54 AM
CSchwangler Offline

linuxsafari
Re: Fresh Install of Fedora 14 Hangs

Did you try to boot with the basic video driver since it may be a graphics problem?

Tags
fedora, fresh, hangs, install