Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 19th January 2011, 01:56 AM
Bloocurve Offline

linuxfirefox
Exclamation GNOME Shell - Mutter crashing

I finally figured out how to install GNOME Shell (I thought it came standard on the Desktop Effects tool, turns out I had to install it then select it). For the most part, it runs as well as it did in Ubuntu... except that Mutter keeps crashing (SIGABRT error). I really hope this is fixed by F15, because this is supposed to be the future for GNOME. In the meantime, can anyone offer anything like a fix for Mutter? It's crashed at least four times since I installed Shell...

EDIT: PS. Any way to get the default menu layout back with classic GNOME? Shell seems to have made my Applications menu into just three folders...

Last edited by Bloocurve; 19th January 2011 at 02:13 AM.

Tags
fedora 14, gnome shell, mutter

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On