Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th November 2004, 11:35 PM
mesullvn Offline

Promise Ultrax133tx driver problems

I'm trying to run a promise ultra133tx card in my FC3 Test 3 box, but the performance seems to be really bad. I suspect the reason is because lspci outputs the following:

01:0e.0 Unknown mass storage controller: Promise Technology, Inc. 20269 (rev 02)

which i think means the card is not being recognized correctly. It is working, however, since the boot drive is connected to the card. Based on what I read, the correct driver should be pdc202xx_new, which is statically linked into my 2.6.9 kernel (the stock FC3T3 kernel had the same problem). So i guess i have two questions. First off, although i suspect it, how can i be sure that the card is not using the correct (pdc202xx_new) driver, and secondly, if it is not, how do i force it to use it?

Thanks!

Tags
driver, problems, promise, ultrax133tx

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search