Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th December 2010, 11:24 AM
sarol Offline

linuxchrome
Sound and Volume in Fedora 14

Hi all!

My computer have a problem with volume. I can't save change level of volume when i open "alsamixer". So that, Any time when i start, level of volume in alsamixer is 0 and i must open terminal type "alsamixer" to turn it up. anybody can't show me how to save what i change?

And i cant hear anything from my headphone jack. I'm using Fedora 14. Can u help me?

Last edited by sarol; 30th December 2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 30th December 2010, 05:21 PM
CSchwangler Offline

linuxsafari
Re: Sound and Volume in Fedora 14

My understanding is that alsamixer does just set the sound level, but does not store it. If you want to store the current sound level you have to do that in alsactl with the store keyword.

Tags
fedora, sound, volume

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On