Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th November 2010, 03:13 AM
stopmakingsense Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Acer monitor not working

I googled a while, and found other people with similar problems... but I still couldn't figure out what to do. I have an acer v203h monitor that is connected to my laptop through a vga cord. I can't get it to show anything. You can tell something happens when you plug it in because theres a beep and it seems for a second like it will show the screen but then it just goes blank and says no signal. I am running the latest Fedora 14, and installed nvidia drivers and blacklisted the nouveau one. Not sure if any of that is important.
Old 30th November 2010, 03:31 AM
petermholmes Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Acer monitor not working

I'm seeing the same thing (no signal) coming out of my nVidia 8300 GS when I use the RPMFusion rpms.

The nouveau driver's not a whole heckuva lot better. I get a screen, but with artifacts galore and it's pretty obviously not synching correctly a lot of the time.

In addition, as best I can determine from posts on here, you definitely do NOT want to go directly to nVidia for your drivers.
Old 30th November 2010, 04:01 AM
stopmakingsense Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Acer monitor not working

Why not? They are working fine now, and it was through nvidia that I was able to figure out what was wrong with my monitor. You have to change the settings of nvidia x server and it works out.

Tags
acer, monitor, working