Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th November 2010, 05:22 AM
mothmanex Offline

windows_7firefox
Fedora, detects wireless networks but cannot connect

Basically, I just installed Fedora in my desktop (use it on my laptop), and have a big problem, which is that Fedora (13), detects my wireless card (Edimax nMAX EW-7728IN), but when I try to connect to my wireless networks (WEP & WPA) it hangs and asks again for the password. I know the problem isn't from my routers, since I'm right now connected via Fedora 13 in my laptop. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 29th November 2010, 09:21 AM
smr54 Online

linuxopera
Re: Fedora, detects wireless networks but cannot connect

It is sometimes a NetworkManager issue.

For a way to check that see http://home.roadrunner.com/~computer.../wireless.html
Old 29th November 2010, 01:17 PM
ElderSnake Offline

windows_7chrome

I don't know if this helps you, but personally in my desktop I have a USB wireless (TP-Link model something or other, I cant remember) stick which does this to me sometimes.

All I ever have to do is pull it out and plug it back in and it works perfectly though.
Old 29th November 2010, 04:04 PM
mothmanex Offline

windows_7firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderSnake View Post
I don't know if this helps you, but personally in my desktop I have a USB wireless (TP-Link model something or other, I cant remember) stick which does this to me sometimes.

All I ever have to do is pull it out and plug it back in and it works perfectly though.
Thanks, in my case, since the wireless card is PCI, I will have to turn off the PC.
Old 29th November 2010, 04:16 PM
bbfuller Offline

linuxopera

Hello mothmanex

What's the chipset in that card:

Code:
lspci
from a terminal to find out.

Tags
connect, detects, fedora, networks, wireless