Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 252
for the week ending November 17, 2010. What follows are some highlights from this issue.
- Starting off with announcements, a welcome to new Fedora Program Manager Robyn Bergeron (yay Robyn!), who takes over from John Poelstra. Tim Burke of Red Hat also thanks the Fedora community for their contributions to a very successful Fedora 14 and RHEL 6 release.
- In Development news, a couple changes to the packaging guidelines, and announcement of a FESCo Townhall on Nov.18.
- In news from the Planet Fedora, news of a Fedora QA Team lead position opening, another issue of "This week in Anaconda", a summary of the two most recent Fedora Board meetings and calling libguestfs from a C program.
- Fedora In the News brings another whopping 10 articles/posts from the trade press and blogosphere about Fedora.
- In Ambassador news, pointers to the two recent FAmSCo town hall IRC meetings with candidates, new Ambassadors this week, and summarizes of list traffic on the Ambassador and FAmSCo lists.
- In Translation team news, finding a new meeting time for the team and new members to the Fedora Localization Project.
- The Design team offers an update on their latest IRC meeting, brainstorming ideas for F15 theming.
- Our issue completes with security packages released over the past week for Fedora 12, 13 and 14. Read on!
An audio version of some issues of FWN - FAWN - are available! You can listen to existing issues
on the Internet Archive. If anyone is interested in helping spread the load of FAWN production, please contact us!
If you are interested in contributing to Fedora Weekly News, please see our 'join' page
. We welcome reader feedback: email@example.com
FWN Editorial Team: Pascal Calarco
, Adam Williamson