Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 6th March 2011, 05:24 PM
linker3000 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: laptop running fedora 14 won't wake from suspend

An update since my last post:

The recent kernel update to 2.6.35.11-83.fc14.x86_64 has improved suspend on my Acer Aspire 5735 and it perhaps works one in three times now, but it has not worked reliably since 2.6.35.6-48.fc14.x86_64.

Having developed the habit of closing the lid when I need to step away from the laptop, it's extremely frustrating to come back to it later to discover its either still on (but unresponsive to waking up properly) or has shut down incorrectly - probably due to overheating.
Old 11th May 2011, 10:55 PM
eds996 Offline

windows_xp_2003ie

I am having a horrible problem. I just loaded fedora on my laptop and was doing a 216 item update which had a kernel update in it and left to the store and when I got back it was dead to the world and nothing woke it up and when I did a hard shutdown and reboot there is this horrible error can not mount fs error. This is the second time this has happened to me. If I baby sit the laptop and keep it active by doing something every five minutes it does fine through the updates. Otherwise I get into this horrible position I can not reboot from.

Any suggestions??? I tried to unclick a few of the updates and it refused to let the reduced number of updates happen something about incompatiable something or other.

I have not tried to just do the kernal update first with nothing else. This will be my attempt tonight. At least I am getting to the point where I can load fedora blind folded and under 1 minute. LOL

Is there any settings I can change to give it more time before it times out and goes to the relog in screen and/or set the system to never go to sleep if the power cord is connected or during updates???

Last edited by eds996; 11th May 2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11th February 2012, 10:58 AM
ajayram Offline

linuxchrome

Hello,

I have a similar problem. Mine is a HP Pavillion dm4 laptop with Fedora 14 I was shutting the lid yesterday and after shutting the lid , I get a black screen. No amount of keystroke pressing helped. and finally I had to forcibly shutdown the machine .

Can someone help me out ?
Old 11th February 2012, 11:31 AM
glennzo Offline
Un-Retired Administrator

linuxfirefox

Moved to EOL.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Laptop: Just a couple of old single core units
Desktop: BioStar MCP6PB M2+ / AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core / 4GB / Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 240GB SATA 3.0 / 1TB SATA / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1GB

Tags
compaq, laptop, shutdown, suspend