Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th October 2004, 04:34 PM
me2 Offline

Source for development kernels ? yum only ?

I updated my FC3T3 installation with yum last time and I received a new kernel, 2.6.9-1.640. I also notice talk about a 2.6.9-1.642 kernel. Where are these kernels coming from. Where do I get the source for them so that I can build them for my special needs ?

Where are the changelogs for these kernels and how do they compare to, say, 2.6.10-rc1 ?

BTW: Where does yum get its applications from ? Is it the same source as up2date ? (I did a straight yum install yum when I set it up and nothing since.)

Thanks !
Old 24th October 2004, 04:51 PM
ilja Offline

http://fedorafaq.org/#installsoftware
here you can get a nice yum.conf, there yum gets its servers from. You can browse the urls with a browser to see what it avalaible.
Most of the src.rpm packages that can be found in SRPMs contain a changelog.

Tags
development, kernels, source, yum

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules