Hi! I have a couple of questions, but first... this is how I installed rawhide (following this guide: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Rawhide):
1. Installed Fedora 14
2. Enter here: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/p...fo?packageID=9
3. Then to the fedora-release-15-0.3: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/b...buildID=195502
4. Downloaded both rpms:
When reading the guide, I couldn't understand if "Check the latest build on Koji" meant the latest by build date or by release number... :S anyway... I went with the release number choice...
5. rpm -Uvh fedora-release-*.noarch.rpm.
6. Went through /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo and left enabled only the rawhide repo:
[eze@solaris ~]$ yum repolist
Complementos cargados:downloadonly, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Adding es_AR to language list
id del repositorio nombre del repositorio estado
*rawhide Fedora - Rawhide - Developmental packages for the next 22.537
7. yum update
It seems I have the rawhide version now, but I wanted to ask if this is the correct procedure, because gdm is not working, and everytime the system boots it presents me a prompt saying fsck failed... I run manually fsck and everything ok... then telinit 2 and startx (can't login through gdm).
If this is the correct procedure then... should I search and report those problems in bugzilla?
I also tried to install rawhide passing the boot option "askmethod", but didn't work, Anaconda _NEVER_ asked me to use another repo... so, how should I install rawhide directly through Anaconda?
I read this in the guide:
"If you already have a bootable CD, DVD, USB stick, or hard drive partition containing the *-DVD.iso or *-disc1.iso, you can use that to install Rawhide. However, if you need to download new boot media, these files are not recommended because they contain general release versions of Fedora RPMs, and you wish to install Rawhide RPMs. See installation guide download page for instructions if you want to download these files anyway. A general release Live image cannot be used to install Rawhide, only the general release version of Fedora which it contains can be used.
Don't really understand what it means, does it mean I need to first install Fedora (a "general release version of Fedora") and then use that system to install rawhide (like I did)?
I also tried the minimal installer option... but it couldn't find the "installer.img" file on the repository, so I tried the latest release (13 at the time), but throwed a Python exception at the partitioning stage and all the time spent downloading the file was useless...
The guide says this: "2010-04-09 Note: Anaconda 13.37.2 does not work here because the os/install.img cannot be found at any mirror including the master."
Don't know what version of Anaconda was in the minimal installer iso, but I couldn't use Anaconda to install rawhide :-(
So, these are the questions:
* What I did was the correct procedure to install rawhide?
* If so, should I report the bugs in bugzilla? or what?
* How should I install rawhide directly through Anaconda? (without having to install the latest release first).
These ones are not related to the rest of the post:
* How often the rawhide repos are updated? I have nothing to update with "yum update"
* Why there's nothing here: ftp://ftp.uninett.no/pub/linux/Fedor...4/os/Packages/