Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:55 AM
jasFed14 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
F14 and Revisor

Hi all, new Fedora user here. I am using the XFCE spin and Really like it. I have used other XFCE distros and thought them fairly light and quick but Fedora seems to me to beat them all. I have everything installed that I like and all updated nicely. Now I would like to remaster, just so I can have my own config and setup and be able to reuse when I inevitably stuff up and maybe share with anyone I can get interested in Fedora. My question is - is Revisor still viable and working with F14. I have it installed and have tried but keep getting:

Cannot find anaconda-runtime in /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime

I have searched the net and cannot find anything up to date or that really can help with this. If anyone can help and give some pointers/advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you all in advance.

Cheers

J
Old 4th November 2010, 01:29 AM
ryptyde Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: F14 and Revisor

I haven't tried revisor in F14 but have used livecd-creator and a custom .ks file
to create a Fedora 14 live iso. I installed it to a usb flash device and booted it from
an Acer Aspire One then installed it to the AAO. Working well so far.

I modified a .ks file that was located in the spin-kickstarts directory to create the live.iso

phil
Old 4th November 2010, 03:54 AM
jasFed14 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Hey phil, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I am not exactly what you would call computer savvy . I had a look at livecd-creator and the .ks files that are in spins-kickstart folder but do not understand how I would modify one to get what I am after. Am I right is saying that the livecd-creator and the existing .ks files create a livecd by downloading the packages from the repositories? If so is it possible to edit one so it will use my installed system? Probably showing my ignorance here. Any further advice is appreciated.

Cheers

J
Old 4th November 2010, 03:59 PM
ryptyde Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

"Am I right is saying that the livecd-creator and the existing .ks files create a livecd by downloading the packages from the repositories?" Yes.

"If so is it possible to edit one so it will use my installed system?" Yes , that is if you mean that by
installing the same packages as you presently have. You can list other repos to draw from such as
rpmfusion etc.

If you have a fast internet connection it will not take long to create your own spin. When you run
livecd-creator it will throw an error and not complete if there are any discrepancies such as
dependency resolution problems. You can then usually comment out the offending package in
the .ks file and rerun livecd-creator to complete the creation.

I recently used the "fedora-livecd-design-suite.ks" and the "fedora-live-mini.ks" to create my own custom design spin.
I added the extra "fusion" repos to the list in the "mini.ks" then added the extra packages I wanted included to the "design.ks"

I did copy the spin-kickstarts to my home directory and edited the .ks file leaving the orig ones in /usr/share spin-kickstarts intact. The opened a terminal as "su" and run:
Code:
livecd-creator --config=/home/phil/spin-kickstarts/fedora-livecd-design-suite.ks --fslabel=F14DesignXtra
You can leave of the "--fslabel=F14DesignXtra" as that was something I added to ID my build.

Don't know if this answered your question about duplicating from an "installed system" but I'v had good luck
creating live.iso's and installing them to usb flash devices and then using them to install to hdd.

phil

Last edited by ryptyde; 4th November 2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 7th November 2010, 11:48 AM
jasFed14 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Hey Phil, sorry for the time taken to reply, shift work messes with everything. When I talk about using my installed system to create a livecd I mean doing something along the lines of what remastersys does for debian systems. Which isn't quite what livecd-creator does. I looked further into revisor but it does not seem to be being maintained. Oh well, it does not matter, I am just going to have to put on the learning cap and work on getting livecd-creator to build me a system the same as what I have installed. They say learning new things is good for you so I am going to do myself some goodness. Thanks again for your advice and assistance

Cheers

J
Old 12th December 2010, 12:02 PM
swejap Offline

linuxchrome

Hi. I'm working on creating a Fedora spin and been following this guide http://dnmouse.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=44

My results comes out of an almost 6GB img file so how can I make a live-cd that is a exact copy of my Fedora 14 system? Using revisor just install the packages I've selected right? It does'n install desktop configuration and icons etc, or did I understand wrong?
Old 14th December 2010, 02:08 PM
ganeshmallyap Offline

windows_7chrome

Hi, While searching in google for the revisor error, I found one link http://linux.gauravlive.com/fedora/b...der-fedora-14/ . In this link the author has explained how to fix the bug. Hope it works.
Old 8th June 2011, 09:54 PM
ubunturk Offline

linuxfirefox

link doesn't work anybody know the way?
Old 18th February 2012, 04:55 PM
Ryan Hoots Offline

linuxchrome

I have the exact same problem as in the original post. I have Fedora set up the way I like it, and I'd like to turn it into a bootable .iso so next time I install F14, I don't have to do much configuration.

The error says that it can't find an Anaconda runtime, and it gives the path to where it should be. A quick check reveals that the specified file/directory doesn't exist. I tried looking for an anaconda-runtime package, nothing.

I'm not exactly a newbie to Linux, I've been using it almost exclusively since 2010. But I'm not an expert, either.

If there's another way to get a bootable .iso, I'm listening, but if there's a way to fix Revisor's problem, I'd prefer that.

I'm still using F14 because I don't particularly like GNOME 3, and I can't get WiFi to work on Debian. Plus, I've always liked Fedora.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Ryan Hoots; 18th February 2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 18th February 2012, 07:02 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfirefox

moved to EOL so that others using F14 may notice it.
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Tags
f14, revisor