Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 14th October 2010, 02:39 AM
jamoody Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
How To fsck LVM Volume

I receive Unexpected Inconsistency error on fsck of /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 during boot and boot halts. I use a recovery CD to boot and then try to run fsck on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 but it returns an error that it can't find VolGroup00-LogVol00.

I finally got the system booted by removing the fsck option in fstab ((1 1 -> 0 0) . I know, not the safest thing to do, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get the system back up again. System seems to be running fine; I can't even hear the time bomb ticking from here :-)

Can anybody suggest an incantation to fsck VolGroup00-LogV00? I'm very much an LVM dummy. Thanks.
Old 14th October 2010, 02:56 AM
bodhi.zazen Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
Re: How To fsck LVM Volume

See :

http://www.kernelhardware.org/how-sh...x-file-system/

Scroll down to the LVM section =)
Old 17th October 2010, 07:55 PM
jamoody Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
Re: How To fsck LVM Volume

Thanks, that worked great. Forums are wonderful