Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th October 2010, 09:47 AM
newc0mer Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Cannot load mbp_nvidia_bl

Hi,

I am a macbook user. Everything works except that i cant load the kernel module mbp_nvidia_bl:
Code:
modprobe mbp_nvidia_bl
FATAL: Error inserting mbp_nvidia_bl (/lib/modules/2.6.34.7-56.fc13.x86_64/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/mbp_nvidia_bl.ko): No such device
There is no log entry regarding to mbp_nvidia_bl in the hole /var/log dir...

my kernel is: 2.6.34.7-56.fc13.x86_64

nouveau driver is rdblacklist(ed)...

SELinux is enabled, in targeted mode.

any help?
Old 2nd April 2011, 04:20 PM
mck182 Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Cannot load mbp_nvidia_bl

Hi, did you solve your problem? I have the exact same issue and can't get my MacBook Pro to lower the screen brightness...
Old 27th April 2011, 11:08 AM
mattywix Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Me too - Ive tried everything to get the screen dimming. Pommed works for my keyboard, but not for the screen. Any clues as to where I can get mbp_nvidia_bl ?

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci speaks of his joy at experiencing Linux
Old 28th April 2011, 05:00 PM
mattywix Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

For the sake of anyone else struggling on this like me, I found the module is in the kernel rpm for example
/lib/modules/2.6.35.11-83.fc14.x86_64/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/mbp_nvidia_bl.ko

But doesnt load as per this thread.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci speaks of his joy at experiencing Linux

Tags
load, mbpnvidiabl