Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th September 2010, 10:29 AM
lycan Offline

linuxubuntufirefox
problems after update's

Yesterday i updated fedora 13. After reboot problems started with te display driver.
Scrolling sreens goes very slow and with little steps. Moving a screen from one side to the other goes also very slow. It seems there is a problem with the ATI driver.
I also have problems after new kernel updates. The new kernels simply won't boot?
The boot proces hangs everytime the fedora logo turns wite.

What could be the problem?
Old 24th September 2010, 11:11 AM
glennzo Online
Un-Retired Administrator

linuxredhatfirefox
Re: problems after update's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycan View Post
Yesterday i updated fedora 13. After reboot problems started with te display driver. What could be the problem?
The problem could be a grahics driver issue. That would be especially true if you can boot into the older kernel (I assume all was well there) and the problems go away.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Laptop: Just a couple of old single core units
Desktop: BioStar MCP6PB M2+ / AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core / 4GB / Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 240GB SATA 3.0 / 1TB SATA / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1GB
Old 24th September 2010, 11:15 AM
lycan Offline

linuxubuntufirefox
Re: problems after update's

The only kernel i can boot is the oldest kernel. And that is were this problem is.

Tags
problems, update