Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd October 2004, 04:57 AM
satimis Offline

Searching for Bash programming forum

Hi folks,

I have been searching hard for high traffic "Bash programming forum/mailing list" with Goggle and found some of them, but with low traffic. Can any folk shed me some light.

TIA

B.R.
satimis
Old 22nd October 2004, 05:18 AM
Dog-One Offline

I'd be willing to bet many have jumped ship to Java, Perl and Python. Nothing wrong with Bash, it's very powerful and gets the job done for sure. I just really doubt there is much activity these days when you consider how long Bash has been around.

You may want to send an email to the Bash Maintainer and see if he can give you some links.
Refresh yourself with the Posting Guidelines........Frequently Asked Questions........Registered Linux User #369513

Last edited by Dog-One; 22nd October 2004 at 05:22 AM.
Old 22nd October 2004, 07:17 AM
satimis Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog-One
I'd be willing to bet many have jumped ship to Java, Perl and Python. Nothing wrong with Bash, it's very powerful and gets the job done for sure. I just really doubt there is much activity these days when you consider how long Bash has been around.

You may want to send an email to the Bash Maintainer and see if he can give you some links.
Hi,

Tks for your advice and link.

I'm only a biginner on programming of 7 day young on Bash. Bash programming is a start to me. I'll email Chet Ramey to see whether he can help.

B.R.
satimis