Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th September 2010, 07:21 PM
kurtdriver Online

linuxfedorafirefox
Configure desktop on home directory

Hi, I'm a little lost here. I created a Sabayon profile and set various defaults in anticipation of using them on a DVD. How do I set that profile within the ISO? I can't just copy it to /etc/skel in the kickstart file, can I? That directory on my laptop is empty.
Can these defaults values be set in the .ks file? There are plenty of pages on the internet referencing gconftool and gconf2tool, but neither of these are in the repos. Can I set them in the .ks file with gconf2? This isn't a liveDVD, but rather an install disc. Thanks, Kurt
Old 16th September 2010, 07:43 PM
PabloTwo Online
"Registered User" T-Shirt Winner

linuxfirefox
Re: Configure desktop on home directory

I don't know anything about your Sabayon profile and kickstart issues for a respin, but for the referenced gconf2tool, do
Code:
yum install gconf-editor
Old 17th September 2010, 03:09 AM
kurtdriver Online

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Configure desktop on home directory

Hi thanks, I guess I wasn't clear, I want to set the background, icons, configure firefox bookmarks, etc. for the user on the DVD. I've read that one way to do this is with Sabayon, but after spending an hour or two setting up the Sabayon profile, I still don't know how to set the DVD to use this profile following installation. Gconftool-2 seems able to do some of this from the kickstart file, ie, set default values for gnome, (and do nothing with Firefox). I'm wondering if I can just drop the profile into install.img's /etc/skel (in the ISO).

Tags
configure, desktop, directory, home