Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 242
for the week ending September 8, 2010. What follows are some highlights from this issue.
- Our issue begins with Fedora Development announcements, including an opportunity to serve on the Fedora Packaging Committee, a reminder to update rawhide, a new Bugzilla URL for Fedora Review Requests, and details on the upcoming feature complete date for Fedora 14.
- In 'Fedora In the News', a call for pre-2007 Fedora swag to help protect the community trademarks, an article in PC World on Fedora and other distros, and availability of Ksplice in Fedora.
- Ambassadors is up next, with details on new Fedora Ambassadors from this past week, and wonderful summaries of both the Fedora Ambassadors and Ambassadors Steering Committee list discussions.
- In Quality Assurance news, details on the most recent and upcoming Test Days, and updates on the Proven Testers effort.
- In Translation news, details on Fedora 14 tasks and release notes drafts, libguestfs man pages translation, and details on a collaborative effort with the Docs team to define a process for making non-English documentation available for translation.
- Our issue finishes with security advisories over the past week for Fedora 12, 13 and 14. Enjoy FWN 242!
The audio version of FWN - FAWN - is back! You can listen to existing issues
on the Internet Archive. If anyone is interested in helping spread the load of FAWN production, please contact us!
If you are interested in contributing to Fedora Weekly News, please see our 'join' page
. We welcome reader feedback: email@example.com
FWN Editorial Team: Pascal Calarco
, Adam Williamson