Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 31st August 2010, 02:00 PM
Replicant10000 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Garbled picture/video output in Fedora 13, is my video card going south?

It better not be, because that's the LAST thing I need right now. can't afford a new laptop.

but whatever, here's the problem:

I can go to any site, but I've most frequently been noticing this on http://hotair.com and http://youtube.com - the picture rendering is really hit or miss. .jpg files and videos can show up as they actually are, or partially/completely obscured by unsightly visual artifacts. The pictures can be vertically or horizontally out of sync, almost like I'm viewing a TV with poor reception. This happens across display environments and with or without Compiz.

I'm using the radeon display drivers without modesetting enabled. Would it help if I were to post a glxinfo output?
Old 9th January 2011, 08:32 PM
AlbertP Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Garbled picture/video output in Fedora 13, is my video card going south?

Did you try both Radeon and Catalyst (fglrx) driver? There are some cards Radeon can't handle fine. Which card do you have?
Linux User #528502

Tags
display, garbled, radeon, video