Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th July 2010, 08:31 PM
PryGuy Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Why doesn't livecd-creator save settings after HDD install?

Good day, I use livecd-creator to make custom spins. I import settings the following way in my .ks file:
Code:
gconftool-2 --direct --config-source=xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults -s -t list --list-type string /apps/panel/applets/clock/prefs/cities '[<location name="Москва" timezone="Europe/Moscow" latitude="55.650002" longitude="37.266666" code="UUWW" current="true"/>]' >/dev/null
(This one configures the weather applet for instance).
Everything's fine when I run the LiveCD itself, but I lose all the settings after the installer copies the LiveCD contents on my hard disk. Please help! Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM CDT ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM CDT ----------

I tried the following method:
Code:
%post --nochroot
cp -r /path/to/saved/folder/.gconf $INSTALL_ROOT/etc/skel
%end
The 'gconf' folder was copied from a LiveCD session and put into /var/skel again. Hope this works.

But I can't get two things:
1. Why the /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults data is not applied to the hard disk installations and where the 'default' hard disk installation settings are from then?
2. I'm absolutely sure there should be a less sophisticated way to solve my problem.

Any ideas?

Last edited by PryGuy; 27th July 2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 27th July 2010, 09:49 PM
Dies Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Why doesn't livecd-creator save settings after HDD install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PryGuy View Post
1. Why the /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults data is not applied to the hard disk installations and where the 'default' hard disk installation settings are from then?
Not sure

Unless something has changed, all the installer really does is copy the image over and resize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PryGuy View Post
2. I'm absolutely sure there should be a less sophisticated way to solve my problem.
You can always add your settings to one of the "live" scripts, so that once installed they are re-applied, while you're there you might as well turn those off and delete them.

Tags
gconf, livecd-creator, settings