Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th July 2010, 12:15 AM
Rachmaninov Offline

windows_xp_2003chrome
Smile Fedora not going fullscreen even with Guest Additions Installed

I know this seems really basic (I am a relative newbie and this is my first forum post here), but I'm really having a hard time figuring out how to make it so Fedora runs full screen in Virtual Box.

I have a Windows XP machine (32 bit) with Virtual Box 3.2.6 installed, running Fedora 13 with Guest Additions version 3.2.6.

After I added myself to the sudoers list, then did a yum update, and then ran the sudo sh VBoxGuestAdditions-x86.run file, from what I can tell the Guest additions is installed successfully. I got 'OK's on the right hand side of the screen through the install. I rebooted my virtual machine.

Still the display is not full screen.

Under System > Preferences > Monitors I only have 800x600 and 0x600 by 0x480 available.

I also have '3D Acceleration' selected with 128 MB of RAM in my Virtual Box 'Display' area for my Fedora OS.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Much appreciated,
Rachmaninov
Old 4th September 2012, 03:09 AM
cursed1815 Offline

windows_7firefox
Re: Fedora not going fullscreen even with Guest Additions Installed

Mine wont full screen either after installation of guest additions. BUMP
Old 4th September 2012, 03:54 AM
smr54 Offline

linuxchrome

It's possible (you'd have to watch guest additions be installed and see what the messages are) that it's not installing the necessary graphics drivers. I know that in some cases, I've gotten messages that the Xorg-server version is too new, so they aren't yet supporting it, therefore, they are falling back to using the vesa driver.

Whether or not this would prevent it from going full screen, I don't know.
Old 4th September 2012, 04:02 AM
cursed1815 Offline

windows_7firefox

I think I have it down to editing a conf file to make it have the option of 1920x1080. I have been fighting this issue on my laptop and desktop. my desktop had the option to change it to 1600x900 and it is nearly full screen. I have edited the file a couple ways that I found on other forums but am not having any luck yet. I lastly used VIM to change xorg.conf to add a Mode "1920x1080" and now it wont load past the initial fedora screen. I went back in via safe mode and changed it back and still wont get past that screen. No loss due to it being a Vbox test machine but am trying to resolve it for my future knowledge. Any ideas?

Tags
additions, fedora, fullscreen, guest, installed