Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 228
for the week ending June 2, 2010. What follows are some highlights from this issue.
- Our issue this week begins with announcements from the Fedora Project, including results from recent Fedora Board and FESCo elections, a thank you to the community of contributors on the success of Fedora 13, and details on a revised draft of the Fedora Contributor Agreement.
- In Development news, word that Fedora 11 CVS branches closing, putting Fedora 11 in maintenance mode, and a round-up of useful postings from the Fedora User list.
- Coverage of the Fedora Planet is next, including LightScribe CD/DVD labels for Fedora 13, an interview with Fedora Project leader Paul W. Frields, and a Fedora Lego USB stick!
- This week's issue continues the many reviews and coverage of Fedora 13 in the trade press, we include a selection of these here.
- In Translation team news, new members of the Fedora Localization Project, a new Spanish Translation of the Fedora Contributor Agreement, and coverage of lots of clean-up in documentation.
- The Design team has brief updates including discussion of design team release meetings for the next release and a trip report of the Fedora Design Team at the Libre Graphics meeting in Brussels.
- This issue wraps up with a long list of Fedora security package releases over the past week for Fedora 11, 12 and 13. We hope you enjoy FWN 228 and the start to your summer!
The audio version of FWN - FAWN - is back! You can listen to existing issues
on the Internet Archive. If anyone is interested in helping spread the load of FAWN production, please contact us!
If you are interested in contributing to Fedora Weekly News, please see our 'join' page
. We welcome reader feedback: email@example.com
FWN Editorial Team: Pascal Calarco
, Adam Williamson