Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Community Lounge > Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream The place for you to submit reviews of all those applications you use with Fedora. The Devs probably aren't listening, but some times you've just GOT to blow off steam or sing its praises.

Old 28th May 2010, 01:26 AM
dmyersturnbull Offline

linuxfedoramozilla
Preupgrade did not "resume" like it promised

I used preupgrade from Fedora 12 to 13 today. Read all the documentation. It ran from 08:30 to 17:00 today, and had almost finished downloading the packages (3/4 through).
I saw a message at the bottom:
Quote:
If you quit right now, your downloads will continue next time you run this assistant.
I tried that. When I restarted the program, it prompted:
Quote:
Do you want to resume your upgrade to Fedora 13 (Goddard)?
The whole process started from the beginning. I'm not looking forward to another 7.5 hours, so I'm planning to file a bug report, then strangle kittens.
Mobility Radeon HD 3400
ATI audio, revision 620, claimed by HDA Intel driver
Broadcom NetLink BCM5784M, claimed by tg3 3.94
Broadcom BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n wireless, claimed by Broadcom’s proprietary drivers
SATA Western Digital 250GB @ 5400RPM
Fedora 10 32‐bit with separate ext4 / and /home and encrypted /secure
I always check updates immediately before posting.