Re: Mobile 3G internet connection
I guessed NM can connect me to internet easily. However not now as I see. So the simple steps I made with NM:
1. Booted Fedora 12 system
2. Connected the modem AnyData ADU-500A through usb
3. Right mouse clicked NM to enable Broadband internet (selected the tick)
4. Left mouse clicked to run the NM connection wizard, because obviously NM had recognized the modem as CDMA-based (EVDO) modem. Then I chose Ukraine, MTS operator and finally created it.
5. After that I edited the new connection - I added to the #777 number the login (=mobile) and password (=internet), which are used with my 3G internet operator.
6. After that I rebooted Fedora and runned NM 3G connection, which was failed
Simple settings did not work. Should I describe what I have done with wvdial and pppd settings? They are not using NM, but a few files of configuration.