Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th April 2010, 07:51 PM
ajeetraina Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
A Bug in Fedora 13 !

I am a System Tester who test the new OS whenever it becomes available to the market.The Latest Crush on Fedora 13 Beta released this month.I installed it as VM on ESX 4 Box.The Installation went good and I could see VM acquired DHCP IP.Now I am trying to add a new NIC of type : e1000. Restarted the network service.Surprisingly saw the following error:

Code:
[root@fedora-13 ~]# service network restart
Shutting down interface eth0:  Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name com.redhat.ifcfgrh1 was not provided by any .service files
Error: Device 'eth0' (/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/0) disconnecting failed: Cannot disconnect an inactive device.
                                                           [FAILED]
Shutting down interface eth1:  Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name com.redhat.ifcfgrh1 was not provided by any .service files
Error: Device 'eth0' (/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/0) disconnecting failed: Cannot disconnect an inactive device.
                                                           [FAILED]
Shutting down loopback interface:  Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name com.redhat.ifcfgrh1 was not provided by any .service files
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name com.redhat.ifcfgrh1 was not provided by any .service files
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name com.redhat.ifcfgrh1 was not provided by any .service files
                                                           [  OK  ]
Bringing up loopback interface:  Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name com.redhat.ifcfgrh1 was not provided by any .service files
                                                           [  OK  ]
Any idea whats could be the issue?
I googled it around, checked at bugzilla and got to know https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug...iple&id=580803 as a bug.
Anyone who came across this issue ever.
Old 17th April 2010, 08:35 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfirefox
Re: A Bug in Fedora 13 !

(moved to F13 Development)
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Tags
bug, fedora