Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st April 2010, 11:07 PM
mps2006 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
preupgrade F11->F12 fails?

Hi,

Since F11 will EOL soon, I decided to try to upgrade to F12 using preupgrade. It runs fine and says 'upgrade will start on next boot'. However, on reboot, I get a text-mode anaconda that requests I configure eth0. Once configured it starts downloading install.img. Why is that? once preupgrade has downloaded everything why should it need to download something? Should I allow it to continue (my net is *very* slow so will take ages)?

thanks for the help
M.
Old 2nd April 2010, 09:20 AM
CSchwangler Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: preupgrade F11->F12 fails?

Do you have enough space available in /boot? There is a problem with F12 and the default 200MB seems to be not enough.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PreUpgrade
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Commo...imum_of_300_MB

Tags
f11>f12, fails, preupgrade

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On