FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    No TPM chip found, activating TPM-bypass!

    When trying to install fedora, I frequently run into the problem where it locks up on boot.

    The line that I am able to read right before it locks up is:
    "No TPM chip found, activating TPM-bypass!"

    I was wondering if anyone has any similar problems or any ideas on how I could fix this.
    Last edited by phoenix89; 31st March 2010 at 10:02 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: No TPM chip found, activating TPM-bypass!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: No TPM chip found, activating TPM-bypass!

    I don't think so. I am using a ASUS F50SV laptop.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: No TPM chip found, activating TPM-bypass!

    So it is not an error. I think, I could be wrong though.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: No TPM chip found, activating TPM-bypass!

    My problem is that when booting up the system locks up at that line and is completely unresponsive and I am trying to find out if there is any work around, for it.

    ---------- Post added at 02:03 AM CDT ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM CDT ----------

    Yes, it is not an error message, it is just the last line that I can read before my system become completely unresponsive.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: No TPM chip found, activating TPM-bypass!

    tpm_tis.interrupts=0
    Adding "tpm_tis.interrupts=0" into /boot/grub/grub.conf file solves the
    problem.
    Source:
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=530393#c27
    Last edited by BugRocks1; 31st March 2010 at 10:44 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: No TPM chip found, activating TPM-bypass!

    I am running into the same problem when trying to boot from the fedora 13 live cd. Is there
    a workaround for this too? Because I don't think there is a way of editing grub before
    installation...

    I just want to try fedora out on my laptop without installing anything, to see how well the
    webcam works and other stuff too.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Waldorf, Maryland
    Posts
    7,343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: No TPM chip found, activating TPM-bypass!

    Yes - you can edit the line, but you will have to press the "tab" key at some point
    between the BIOS completion and before Linux takes over. Once you get the grub
    display you should get some directions on how to edit the boot line.

    I had to boot several times before I got the timing right (I really wish it had a 5-10
    second timeout before it boots, AND ban the use of the "hidden" option during
    installation).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: No TPM chip found, activating TPM-bypass!

    thanks, already figured that out actually. I edited that same line all the time, to add the
    noacpi option and to delete the quiet rhgrb.

    Now that I added tpm_tis.interrupts=0 nothing changed, while booting up I still get the
    message "no tpm chip found, starting tpm bypass" and the whole system stops responding.
    Only way to turn off is the power button.

    ---------- Post added at 06:31 PM CDT ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM CDT ----------

    Tried out the Debian live cd and it worked, I could boot just fine without editing the grub options. Seems 13 isn't
    such a lucky number for a distribution, eh? : P

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: No TPM chip found, activating TPM-bypass!

    Are there any news on this issue? Has someone got Fedora 13 to boot without that nasty error about TPM?

Similar Threads

  1. Bypass proxy
    By cruicent in forum Servers & Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th January 2009, 12:43 PM
  2. Bypass Maybe?
    By mas_punk_420 in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26th November 2008, 03:44 AM
  3. Grub bypass
    By skullmonkey42 in forum Installation, Upgrades and Live Media
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6th October 2007, 12:10 AM
  4. Not enough RAM, bypass message?
    By mattstan in forum Installation, Upgrades and Live Media
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25th July 2006, 01:40 PM
  5. Bypass GUI on startup
    By gmg2006 in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22nd June 2006, 12:19 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •