FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs down Fedora 12 & alc662 surround sound

    Hello
    I have recently switched to F12 from Ubuntu 9.10. Everything sems to work just fine except for the surround sound on my
    Code:
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
    that uses the ALC662-codec.

    I get sound, but only in two channels. In Ubuntu I had to add the option: options snd-hda-intel model=3stack-6ch-dig to the /etc/modprobe/alsa-base.conf. However, that file does not exist in F12. So, I'm wondering, which is its equivalence?

    In /etc/pulse/pulse.conf I have changed to 6 channels.

    Some help would be really appreciated.

    ---------- Post added at 01:22 PM CDT ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM CDT ----------

    Ok, fixed it by following this:http://fedorasolved.org/Members/fenr...nd-workarounds. Instead of model I added 3stack-6ch-dig.

    Then reboot, open up a terminal and type in:alsamixer. Press F6, choose the intelcard, change 2 channels to 6 channels. Exit alsamixer. Then kill pulseaudio: pulseaudio -k. Now you can choose which type of surround sound you want.
    Last edited by MitraMai; 20th April 2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Changed the icon and unsolved the thread

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs down Re: Fedora 12 & alc662 surround sound

    Suddenly surround does not work anymore. I think it might have happened after the last kernel upgrade or when I installed Skype. Having added the options to /etc/modprobe.d/snd_hda_intel, set alsamixer to 6-channels, I still have only stereo, even do pulseaudio volume-gui shows all channels, and so do alsamixer. aplay --list-devices gives:
    Code:
    [martin@Alcor:~] aplay --list-devices
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    [martin@Alcor:~]
    I have a .asoundrc that looks like this:
    Code:
    pcm.duplicate {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "surround51"
    slave.channels 6
    route_policy duplicate
    }
    Maybe I should mention that I never got the subwoofer to work correctly before either. It worked only in 4.1 surround.

    Does anyone have any clue on what's going on?
    Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    -- Homer Simpson

Similar Threads

  1. F12 & ALC662 & Sound 5.1
    By NickLee in forum Fedora 12 Alpha, Beta & Release Candidates
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29th October 2009, 08:50 PM
  2. HOWTO: Fedora 11 - Surround Sound w/ Pulseaudio
    By Picomp314 in forum Guides & Solutions (Not For Questions)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24th August 2009, 02:25 PM
  3. Fedora 11 surround sound over pulse
    By zippy-cz in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th June 2009, 01:10 PM
  4. Fedora 10 sonido 5.1 con alc662 (surround)
    By racu in forum Guides & Solutions (Not For Questions)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10th May 2009, 04:29 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd November 2006, 05:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •