Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st March 2010, 11:12 PM
jc0481 Offline

macosfirefox
Can I make Fedora look like Windows 7?

Or any other distribution for that matter. I am going to download and try out Fedora 12 KDE.

I want to make it look like Windows because I know some older people in my life that if you stick Gnome or a KDE based in their faces they will not know where to begin at least some of them. Also a lot of those people have used Windows most of their lives. It will be great to tell them that their a Windows look a like that won't get viruses, spyware and won't slow down on you.

I have looked at KDE Windows 7 themes but some look half ass. Most of the instructions are geared towards Ubuntu/Kubuntu. I want to know if I can get the Start menu layout, Explorer layout and the taskbar features. Having the Windows log in screen wouldn't hurt either.

I hope someone here can help me out with this.

p.s. By the way I have searched these forums but could not find anything related.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:30 PM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

linuxopera
http://www.kde-look.org/

V
Old 2nd March 2010, 07:19 AM
CSchwangler Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Based on Fedora (at least this is what distrowatch says):

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=linuxxp