I'm a Fedora Ambassador and I, usually, help people install Fedora.
The other day, a guy, came to me with a cool Lenovo laptop. The laptop had 4 partitions:
- win7 bootloader (200M)
- win7 installation (the rest of the space... ~180G)
- logical part (30G)
- some win recovery files
- lenovo's recovery stuff (5G)
The partitions are idiotic. The guy wants to keep win7.
What should I do?
Here's my course of action:
- dd /dev/sda > /some/external/hd/lenovo-win7-original.img
- destroy it all!!
- make partitions for windows (no bootloader)
- mount the img and dd the parts that are relevant (hope that restore and stuff still works)
I aknowledge that my COA is not the best one. Could somebody recommend me anything?
Thanks a lot!