Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th December 2009, 08:30 PM
aweiss Offline

windows_xp_2003ie
How to use winetricks?

I want to play HOI3 using wine and the WINEHQ site says I need to install some plugins using Winetricks. It had a tutorial for Ubuntu but not for fedora. how do I make this work?
Old 20th December 2009, 08:59 PM
scottro Offline
Retired Community Manager -- Banned from Texas by popular demand.

linuxopera
Should be the same, no? sh winetricks <programname>. At least, that's how I used it to install something or other that needed .net. Then, winetricks downloads some stuff and installs it.

My memory is hazy on this, I may be wrong. If you link to the Ubuntu tutorial, someone can probably state what needs to be, or doesn't need to be, changed.

Do NOT PM forum members with requests for technical support. Ask your questions on the forum.

"I don't know why there is the constant push to break any semblance of compatibility" --anon
Old 20th December 2009, 10:37 PM
PabloTwo Offline
"Registered User" T-Shirt Winner

linuxfedorafirefox
It took me about 2 seconds to find this page using Google. It's all spelled out in the simplest of terms how you get, install and use winetricks.
Old 11th March 2013, 01:26 AM
lookout Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: How to use winetricks?

yeah man but that page sucks....i think wine tricks downloads my stuff to a wrong directory.
i know this is the wrong forum for this but i hate wasting my time reading something and it still doent work.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

wine does work good for most the basic programs 7zip fdm,and most any progams but gamingstuff i have gave it a rest. im only thankful for native ones...quakelive anyone?

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

winetricks may work but i couldnt see it do nothing for me ,,another distro maybe or the program or my fault,fedora does what i want it to and im pleased to have found this distro!

sorry it may work all together<---- noob here i have put it off to another day though as this is a grey line area.

just drinking and setting back and thankful my amd e-series likes this way better than windows. you are appreciated!

Last edited by lookout; 11th March 2013 at 01:36 AM.

Tags
winetricks