Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 7th December 2009, 08:55 PM
sunone Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Computer randomly stuck sometime

Hi
I have an annoying problem, which appeared after I installed the kmod driver for my nvidia card on my laptop:

sometimes, e.g. when I click on the kickoff menu or openinig another windows from the browser via javascript, the whole system stuck for 30-45 seconds and then continues as nothing happens, it allows me to use my computer but sometimes it's really annoying because all the time I touch the kickoff everything stuck.
The same behaviour occurs also in other occasions. I really have no idea about the cause.
I removed the nvidia driver and nothing happens, I reinstalled the nvidia driver via yum and nothing... I updated the kernel and nothig.... I really have no idea where the problem can be....
Please give me a hand.
Alex
Old 7th December 2009, 10:25 PM
ozjd Online

linuxfedorafirefox
You don't provide much information, are you by some chance using KDE and F12? If so it is a known problem with a solution, look at http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=234227

Last edited by ozjd; 7th December 2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 7th December 2009, 11:01 PM
sunone Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Thanx a lot
Yes, I use these version and the solution suggested in that thread worked, I wasn't able to find it.

Tags
system stuck