Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 6th December 2009, 12:20 PM
Las Offline

linuxsafari
Question using Gnash with Chromium

Laptop: Sony Vaio cpu 2.1 ram 2Gb OS: Fedora 12 32-bits Gnome.

As my Ricoh webcam (r5u870) wasn't included in the supported webcam by the new fedora, I installed the r5u870 firmware manually, and edited the webcam in skype config to resolution 640x420 to have a nice image in video conferences.

but in my browsers, I can't edit adobe flash settings for cam resolution (not because it's closed source, but because I didn't find how to open it )
So I tried Gnash, and while I'm using chromium, I copied libgnashplugin.so into /usr/lib/chromium-browser/plugins/
then tried to use it but flash videos and webcam don't work... It's just black .

Do you know how to let gnash work good in browsers ? is there a good alternative to adobe flash ?

I'm doing all of this, to get my webcam work fine in browsers without the green image and horizontal lines in it.

Tags
ricoh, webcam

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search