Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th November 2009, 06:30 AM
Raimos21 Offline

windows_xp_2003ie
F12 live cd black screen

So am I trying to get F12 on to my computer. I have made a CD with it and when I boot after one screen it goes black will not go anywere. Please help me I want to try this version out.

Computer Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo
Gigabyte motherboard
Nvidia GT 220
2gigs of ram.

Just tried the same disk on another machine with an Intel Motherboard and onboard Intel chipset video and it works what is going on.

Last edited by Raimos21; 27th November 2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 27th November 2009, 08:13 AM
CSchwangler Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Is that a liveCD and after what screen does the display go black? I assume you verified the checksum of your download and also verified the CD you burned.
Since there are probably issues with your video card, you might try the suggestions from the Installation Guide:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/instal...l/ch07s02.html
Old 27th November 2009, 08:29 AM
Raimos21 Offline

windows_xp_2003ie
So yes I have checked the sum and the disk. It also works fine on a different machine.
My problem is I can get to the 10 second auto load I hit enter and go to the boot menu with verify and boot, boot and 2 other options.
I can hit tab enter the edit command and type "nomodeset" getting me to a black screen were I can hit CRTL-ALT-F2 and get to a command terminal.

What I need to know is how do I or can get F12 to load using default or other graphics drivers.
Old 19th December 2009, 08:55 PM
sourinnandi Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
Installation BLACK SCREEN <<<<SOLVED>>>>

In the BOOT Menu, Press TAB while highlighting "BOOT" Option

Just add "nomodeset" to the end of the text..This disables Kernel Mode Setting and this really got my F12 running.

I m posting this from F12.

Last edited by sourinnandi; 19th December 2009 at 08:57 PM.

Tags
black, f12, live, screen