Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th November 2009, 02:19 AM
BillO Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Difference in F11 Samba file sharing with F12?

With F8 thru F11, I have been able to access our XP computer's shared files almost out of the box simply by going to Samba Shares and clicking on MSHome when it comes up, with no password or userID.. With F12, I am asked for authentication and password after clicking on MSHome, which were never set up.

I have turned off SELinux, and made sure the Firewall allows Samba and Samba Client. I copied smb.conf from the F11 install to the F12, and have tried to make sure all the other SAMBA and network settings are the same.

I am running F11-64 and F12-64, both on the same machine. Is there a difference in F11 and F12 that I am missing?

Tags
difference, f11, f12, file, samba, sharing

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On