Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th November 2009, 01:35 PM
bharat211 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
empathy asks for default keyring password

Hi,

I've just installed empathy on my F10 x86_64 Gnome desktop. However, I receive a message window asking for the default keyring password when I try to setup my IM accounts:

Quote:
Enter password for default keyring to unlock.

The application 'Empathy' (/usr/bin/empathy) wants access to the default keyring, but it is locked.
I don't remember setting any keyring password for my account. I tried using my login password, but it does not work.

If anyone has any ideas of how to resolve this issue, then I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
bharat211

Edit: The problem is resolved. Apparently, I had changed my login password but unfortunately the keyring password had not been updated. So, I removed the login.keyring file from ~/.gnome2/keyrings/login.keyring and restarted empathy. Empathy then went on asking to create a new keyring password and things worked.

Thanks for reading.
Enjoy!
bharat211

Last edited by bharat211; 24th November 2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: clarification of context

Tags
empathy, keyring