Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 200
for the week ending November 1, 2009. What follows are some highlights from this issue.
- Welcome to FWN issue 200, an impressive milestone! This week's issue starts off with news and views from the Fedora community, including further work on libguestfs, examination of several new features in Fedora 12, and work on a new tool for ICC color management in Gnome.
- In Quality Assurance, details from last week's Test Day on internationalization support in Fedora, and great updates on the various QA weekly meetings as we get closer to Fedora 12.
- In Translation news, several updates pertinent to Fedora 12 GA release, as well as details on Publican 1.0, which the Docs and Transaltion teams use for publishing books, articles, papers and multi-volume sets with DocBook XML.
- In Design news, details on the final Fedora 12 wallpapers, decisioning on extra wallpapers for the release, and some thoughts on the F12 art process looking forward to the next cycle.
- Security Advisories brings us current on the numerous security patches released this past week for Fedora 10 and 11.
- Our issue wraps up with news from the Fedora virtualization and libvirt lists, including a recent summary of Fedora virt bugs and developments, the state of KSM tuning on Fedora systems and a couple items on QEMU related issues with monitor handling and QEMU driver thread safety rules. Please enjoy Fedora Weekly News issue 200!
If you are interested in contributing to Fedora Weekly News, please see our 'join' page
. We welcome reader feedback: email@example.com
The Fedora News team is collaborating with Marketing and Docs to come up with a new exciting platform for disseminating news and views on Fedora, called Fedora Insight. We plan to have the next issue of Fedora Weekly News in Fedora Insight, next week. We welcome your feedback as we migrate FWN to this new content platform!
FWN Editorial Team: Pascal Calarco
, Adam Williamson