Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd November 2009, 06:20 AM
freekill Offline

linuxsafari
Application Menu Icon

I've just downloaded and installed eclipse ide c/c++ for my fedora 11 x86_64. I'm able to launch the software using Edit Menus -> New item -> Added /opt/eclipse/eclipse.

I'm on a Gnome desktop and I installed eclipse on /opt/eclipse folder. The procedure works good although I would like to use the original eclipse icon which is at /opt/eclipse/icon.xpm instead of the spring-like application default icon given by Gnome. How can I do this?
Old 2nd November 2009, 03:43 PM
PabloTwo Online
"Registered User" T-Shirt Winner

linuxfirefox
It's been quite awhile since I've used Gnome and done anything in the Gnome Edit Menus, but I think it would go something like this:
Go to Edit Menus. Go to the new menu item you created for eclipse. Right click on the eclipse menu item and select properties in the drop down menu choices. There should be an Icon box in the menu editor box that pops up. Click (or double click ?) on the Icon. You should then be able to browse to whatever icon you want to select.
Old 2nd November 2009, 04:29 PM
freekill Offline

linuxsafari
Perfect. Thanks. =]

Tags
application, icon, menu