Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th October 2004, 02:19 PM
eiffleduarte Offline

Java-Gnome RPM for FC1?

Does anyone have a java-gnome RPM for Fedora Core 1?
Old 5th October 2004, 03:00 PM
taylor65 Offline

Are you looking for java? You can use synaptic, yum, or apt-get to get it automatically, or you can go to www.java.com and get it.
Old 5th October 2004, 04:06 PM
deuch Offline

You can download directly a RPM on java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp (last version 1.5).

you have to launch the bin file as root to be able to install correctly Java.

deuch
Old 5th October 2004, 05:19 PM
eiffleduarte Offline

I am looking for a pre-compiled package for the GTK/Gnome bindings for Java, java-gnome. I found an RPM for FC2, but none for FC1.
I am trying to compile java-gnome 2.7.2 under FC1 from source, but I am running into a lot of errors.
The tarball I downloaded does not bring any build instructions, and I didn't realize what's going on just by examining the configure output, or the exact order to compile all the libraries.

Tags
fc1, javagnome, rpm