Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st October 2009, 03:30 PM
MuadNu Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Evolution and signature position

I'd like to set Evolution to insert my signature after my reply, not after the quoted text. Yes, I know, I shouldn't do that, some text might be stripped, and that's no the right way to do it, and so on... But, really, some times I need to do it that way, and actually most of the times for one of my email accounts.

The issue is that in the past Evolution had that as an option (Preferences->Composer->Top Posting Position), but this option is disabled now. I tried to set it via gconf, but couldn't find it.

Yes, I know why it was probably disabled, but anyway I think we should be given the choice. So I'm wondering if anybody knows a way around this.
Old 30th October 2009, 08:13 AM
gbuergisser Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Ah, the solution has been posted over here.
Old 30th October 2009, 01:33 PM
MuadNu Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Great, thanks! I knew it had to be possible to do it this way, I just couldn't figure out the right name for the key, but now it's working...

Tags
evolution, position, signature