Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd October 2004, 11:05 AM
Shadow Skill Offline

How to uniinstall currently broken ati radeon drivers

Ok I cant run up2date because my ati drivers are broken, it claims that the drivers are not installed (which it absolutely is its just not enabled properly.) I need to know how I can remove them so I can run up2date in peace since yum is totally broken.

Please vote for this bug and help me make GAYT [Go As You Type ]a standard option in Firefox.
Old 2nd October 2004, 12:07 PM
superbnerd

I am assuimg you install them as rpms becuase you make references to up2date and yum. just uninstall it like any other rpm
Code:
rpm -e <package-name>
or
Code:
yum remove <package-name>
Old 2nd October 2004, 11:20 PM
Shadow Skill Offline

tried rpm -e and it decides to mock me by swearing it isnt installed... guess I have to go in there and delete it manually. [yum remove doesnt work either.]

Please vote for this bug and help me make GAYT [Go As You Type ]a standard option in Firefox.
Old 2nd October 2004, 11:47 PM
superbnerd

Did you install it as an rpm or from a tarball? To uninstall it manually you would normally use the
Code:
rpm -ql <package-name>
and delete the files of course you would still have to modify certain settings, but you situation is difficult because it doesn't think you have it installed. Are you sure you are trying to remove the correct name? Whats the full filena,e of the rpm you installed?
Old 4th October 2004, 09:37 PM
Shadow Skill Offline

Clean install solved that issue..although I probably could have installed the rpm again then uninstalled it again.

Tags
ati, broken, drivers, radeon, uniinstall