Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th September 2009, 05:20 AM
grimdeath Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Dependancy Resolution Failed - Software Update

Hello, im a long time Ubuntu user that is giving Fedora a spin using Virtualbox on my Win7 machine. I have managed to get it up and running and guest additions working but have run into a problem with a few of the updates available in the Software Updates section.

It originally had around 75+ updates to install and seemed to do this fine. Unfortunately after a reboot and new check it comes up with 11 new updates. When I run install updates it gives me an error (see this post title) along with this bit of gibberish:

Code:
PackageKit = 0.4.6-8.fc11 is needed by package PackageKit-glib-0.4.6-8.fc11.i586
sane-backends = 1.0.19-15.fc11 is needed by package sane-backends-libs-1.0.19-15.fc11.i586
perl = 4:5.10.0-68.fc11 is needed by package 1:perl-Pod-Escapes-1.04-68.fc11.i586
gnome-media = 2.26.0-6.fc11 is needed by package gnome-media-libs-2.26.0-6.fc11.i586 : Success - empty transaction
I have searched around on google and came across similar issues for folks but in most cases they were trying to do a system update that caused the issue. I am not (this is a fresh install tonight of 11). Most other cases also didnt seem to have quite so many items listed. Any help you guys could give would be much appreciated!

I have checked my software sources and only Fedora 11 and Fedora 11 - Updates is currently enabled.

Yay for my first foray outside of Ubuntu
Old 25th September 2009, 05:44 AM
grimdeath Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
I guess I jumped the gun on this one, was able to resolve the issue using:

Code:
yum-complete-transaction
Hope that helps someone else!

Tags
dependancy, failed, resolution, software, update