FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    can't make public_html

    Hi.
    I've just set up apache and can't make public_html dir to work. I followed this tutorial:
    http://fedoraphprails.blogspot.com/2...user-home.html

    And I'm still getting:
    orbidden

    You don't have permission to access /~gal/ on this server.
    Apache/2.2.13 (Fedora) Server at localhost Port 80
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong...Anyone can help...sorry for my english

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Age
    40
    Posts
    473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to check permissions on that folder and the user's folder, make sure they are both 755.
    Registered linux user: #475337

    Never underestimate someone with source code, a text editor, and the willingness to completely hose their system.

  3. #3
    aleph's Avatar
    aleph is offline Banned (for/from) behaving just like everybody else!
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nanjing, China
    Posts
    1,332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have SELinux on, be sure to set the correct security context type:

    chcon -R -t httpd_user_content_t ~/public_html
    Code:
    from rlyeh import cthulhu
    cthulhu.fhtagn()

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10th May 2006, 09:03 PM
  2. VSFTPD+public_html
    By flatproject in forum Servers & Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th February 2006, 06:07 PM
  3. apache and public_html
    By teethlikelions in forum Servers & Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20th November 2005, 10:34 PM
  4. Probs with ~/public_html
    By pie in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th May 2005, 11:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •