Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th August 2009, 04:07 PM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox
This is a truly disgusting turn of events!

F11 couldn't touch them, so on a whim ... I booted Windows. Result: Vista was able to mount and recover the files on that FAT32 partition.

I'm certainly glad to save the data. But the methodology was just so very ...

... wrong! <....>
Old 30th August 2009, 06:44 PM
rpstitz Offline

linuxfirefox
LOL that's very funny, Dan, I bet you looked around and pulled the blinds before booting to the dark side...

since F10 runs World of Warcraft on my desktop better than Vista runs it on my laptop, I have decided that Vista isn't going back on my new hard drive. Yes, I am now completely Windows free...<fanfare>

Fedora wants to do the LVM thing, and Mint doesn't...but either will work either way...I'm putting both on my laptop. I tried to install F10 on my desktop alongside Mint, and couldn't do it...because Fedora partitioner couldn't be made happy (too many primary partitions). So I wiped Mint and installed F10 (dominate species won this time)

I'll have to use the guides when my laptop hard drive comes in because I really want both Mint and F10. I'll go to F12 when it comes out, so I hope the guide provides instruction for that as well. Thank God for these forums
Richard P Stitz - Linux user #447562

If you are experiencing problems, please consider filing a bug report. Without these reports, it is unlikely that the cause of your problem will be addressed by the developers.

Last edited by rpstitz; 30th August 2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 30th August 2009, 06:57 PM
JEO Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
If all my drives lasted 7 years I would be happy. Every vendor has problems with certain *models* of drives. Each new generation they redesign the drive system all bets are off as far as previous reliability goes.

Tags
drive, hard, reliability, seagate