Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th August 2009, 10:37 AM
ngonchan Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
acpi must be off during installation and using Fedora 11, why and how to enable acpi?

I'm using an Asus F80S laptop, when I install Fedora 10, Fedora 10 work fine without any problem but when I install Fedora 11 on that laptop, I can not install successful if I don't add "acpi=off" into the boot menu. After install Fedora 11 successful by adding "acpi=off" into boot menu, every time when I using Fedora 11, I must disable acpi.
Who can explain for me why have difference between Fedora 10 and Fedora 11 on my laptop and how can I enable acpi (for using battery management and changing laptop LCD's brightness).
I'd asked google for so many times but have no answer and I hope you can help me. Thanks for viewing my post. Thanks in advance. Sorry for my bad English.
Regard, ngonchan.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:00 AM
wneumann Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
You will need to tell us what happens if you boot without acpi=off. At what point in the boot sequence does it fail? Do you get any messages? Can you boot into single user mode (add "1" at the end of the line before booting)?
Old 11th August 2009, 11:40 AM
ngonchan Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by wneumann View Post
You will need to tell us what happens if you boot without acpi=off. At what point in the boot sequence does it fail? Do you get any messages? Can you boot into single user mode (add "1" at the end of the line before booting)?
Thanks for replying me.
When I remove acpi=off, the system'd said "kernel panic, not syncing.."
When I remove 3 boot parameters on boot menu (acpi=off, quiet and rg..) the system stop booting at "Press "I" to enter Interactive startup ...." (I tried to press "I" or "i" so many times but nothing happened)
Old 31st March 2010, 08:09 AM
phoenix89 Offline

windows_7safari
Re: acpi must be off during installation and using Fedora 11, why and how to enable a

Did you ever find a fix for this?
Old 31st March 2010, 08:49 AM
ngonchan Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: acpi must be off during installation and using Fedora 11, why and how to enable a

So sorry, but, the answer is "No", even when I upgrade to Fedora 12, I still can't enable acpi

Tags
acpi, enable, fedora, installation