Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th August 2009, 09:20 PM
YaKillaCJ Offline

linuxopera
Firefox "open containing folder" defaults to Konqueror

Like the title suggest, I just want 2 change the default program from Konqueror. This is a fresh install of Fedora 11, wit latest updates, RPM Fusion enabled preinstall, Gnome & KDE, ect.

Only thing that annoys me is how KDE defaults itself over in the Gnome environment. like Kget and such. This is easy by changing the Preferred Application under System/Preferences. The rest I can just change while in Nautilus via properties/open with.

What I cant find is how 2 change the "Open containing folder" dialog under Firefox to Nautilus (or Dolphin if others choose that).

Opera doesnt have this problem but it would be nice to also bring up the answer so that its conveniently all answered in 1 place on the forums.

So is there any other safe way short of reinstalling KDE? I say this cause I noticed that when I have Gnome the primary Desktop environment and later install KDE, I dont get said problems.

Thanx 4 any assistance and my bad if I made this post a lil long. Figured I wouldnt be the only some1 interested later down the road.

Asus P5K Deluxe (Has JMicron)
Intel Quad Core 2.4
4GB memory: 2x Consair Dominator 2048 MB 1066 MHz
nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS
Sata1: Seagate Barracude 7200.9 80 GBs (XP 32bit)
Sata2: Seagate Barracude 7200.9 80 GBs (Fedora 11 x86_64)
Sata5: Western Digital WD Caviar 80 GBs (Windows7 64Bit)
Sata6: Western Digital WD 500GB Serial ATA (NTFS, Just where I store all my media)
IDE: Memorex Dual Layer 16x
Old 30th September 2009, 12:48 AM
bhupesh Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Me too having same problem. anyone who knows about this? It is very annoying. My firefox opens it with gwenview
Fedota 9 Sulphur in External HDD 120GB
http://www.oceansgem.com
Old 30th September 2009, 01:05 AM
bhupesh Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
The trick at http://bewareofninjas.wordpress.com/...work-properly/ did what i wanted.
Fedota 9 Sulphur in External HDD 120GB
http://www.oceansgem.com
Old 7th July 2011, 01:34 PM
ADW Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Firefox "open containing folder" defaults to Konqueror

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I'm having this exact problem (Open Containing Folder in Firefox uses gwenview instead of nautilus) on Firefox 15 x64 and the latest official version of Firefox (5.0-2.fc15).

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADW View Post
Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I'm having this exact problem (Open Containing Folder in Firefox uses gwenview instead of nautilus) on Firefox 15 x64 and the latest official version of Firefox (5.0-2.fc15).
Hmm, it appears that the problem is not limited to Firefox - when plugging in a USB drive it automatically opens it with gwenview instead of nautilus as well. So somehow gwenview has become the default application associated with folders.

EDIT: Fixed it - just needed to change the relevant line in "~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list".

Last edited by ADW; 9th July 2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Problem solved. :)

Tags
default program, firefox, kde, konqueror, open with